Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
WHAT'S IN THESE TERMS?
These terms tell you the rules for using our website http://kirklees.tenant.digital/
WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
http://kirklees.tenant.digital/ is a site operated by Kirklees Neighbourhood Housing.
The Site is an online community resource platform that allows users to discover, post, share views and connect with individuals or groups relevant to their local community, area or interest.
To contact us, please email email@example.com or telephone our customer service line on 01484 414886.
- "The Service(s)" shall mean the provision of access to content, information, material, software and any other services and functions provided through the Site as amended and / or updated from time to time.
- "Member" shall mean the individual, association, who has registered their details on the Site, including individuals or organisations who have registered and uploaded content.
- "User" shall mean any individual, (whether or not a Member) who uses the Site for whatever purpose.
- "Listing/s" shall mean all information of any kind displayed on the Site prepared by or on behalf of a Member, including (but not strictly limited to) Videos, Documents, Profile Pages and all other information as may be posted on the Site from time-to-time in whatever format by or on behalf of Members or third parties.
Registered Users of the Site must be no younger than eighteen (18) years old.
By registering with the Site, you affirm that you are eighteen (18) years of age or older.
You agree to provide accurate, current, and complete information during the registration process, including your real name and contact information. We reserve the right to refuse registration for any reason at our sole discretion.
BY USING THE SITE YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS
If you do not accept these Terms in full, you must stop using the Site immediately.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
THERE ARE OTHER TERMS THAT MAY APPLY TO YOU
- Our Privacy Notice, which sets out the terms on which we process any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us. By using the Site, you consent to such processing and you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate.
- Our Acceptable Use Policy, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of the Site. When using the Site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
We may amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use the Site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THE SITE
We may update and change this Site or its content from time to time. We will try to give Users reasonable notice of any major changes, but are under no legal obligation to do so.
WE MAY SUSPEND OR WITHDRAW THE SITE
The Site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that the Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of Site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal, but are under no legal obligation to do so.
We will not be liable to you if for any reason the site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Site.
THE SITE IS ONLY FOR USERS IN THE UK
The Site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through the Site is appropriate for use or available in other locations. If you are resident in a country outside of the UK, you use this Site at your own risk.
YOU MUST KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT DETAILS SAFE
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that any unauthorised person knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone our customer service line on 01484 414886.
HOW YOU MAY USE MATERIAL ON THE SITE
Kirklees Neighbourhood Housing is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the Site for your personal use only, and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on the Site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on the Site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on the Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
If you use the Site in a manner that exceeds the scope of this license or you otherwise breach these Terms, we may terminate your Member's account and revoke the license granted to you (see Termination and suspension of access to the Site below) and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made. You acknowledge that modification of any content, information, material, software or any other items or use of any of the same for any purpose not expressly permitted by these terms and conditions may breach our and others' copyright and other proprietary rights.
DO NOT RELY ON INFORMATION ON THIS SITE
Please note that
- The Site, its content and any services offered via the Site whether by ourselves or any other third party DO NOT in any way constitute definitive legal, professional or trading advice and are merely a platform which is a means of communicating information provided by Members on the Site.
- You agree that you are solely and exclusively responsible for, must evaluate and make your own judgment about, and bear all risks associated with:
- your interactions with other Members and/or Users, whether online or in person.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WEBSITES WE LINK TO
Where the Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
This website may include information and materials uploaded by other Users of the site, including to bulletin boards and chat rooms. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on the Site do not represent our views or values.
If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users please contact us on email@example.com or telephone our customer service line on 01484 414886.
UPLOADING CONTENT TO THE SITE
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to use the Site, or to make contact with other Users of the Site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
Any content you upload to the Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary.
You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of the Site a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described in Rights you are giving us to use material you upload (see below).
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to the Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on the Site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
RIGHTS YOU ARE GIVING US TO USE MATERIAL YOU UPLOAD
When you upload or post content to the Site, you grant us the right to use that content:
- To re-post and share within site
- To use for publicity purposes in (for example using quotes and images from the site in other publications)
- For monitoring and evaluation purposes
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR VIRUSES AND YOU MUST NOT INTRODUCE THEM
We do not guarantee that the Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access the Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse the Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, the server on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site. You must not attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Site will cease immediately.
RULES ABOUT LINKING TO THE SITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to the Site in any website that is not owned by you.
The Site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the Site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on the Site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone our customer service line on 01484 414886.
TERMINATION AND SUSPENSION OF YOUR ACCESS TO THE SITE
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to the Site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
The responses described above are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Suspension or termination of your account will result in the deletion of your account and the forfeiture of all content in your account.
Any person who holds such a suspended or terminated account must not re-register on the Site without our prior consent.
TERM AND TERMINATION
WHICH COUNTRY'S LAWS APPLY TO ANY DISPUTES?